(Since January 2017) Associate Professor, Human Security Program (HSP), University of Tokyo
・Associate Professor, Graduate Program in Human Security (GSP), University of Tokyo
・Deputy Director, Global Research Center for Sustainable Peace, University of Tokyo
・Deputy Director, Academic Council on the United Nations Sytem (ACUNS) Tokyo Liaison Office
・Secretary-General, Global Peacebuilding Association of Japan (GPAJ)
・Member, Japan Association for United Nations Studies (JAUNS)
・Member, The Japan Association for Human Security Studies (JAHSS)
・Member, Human Security Forum (HSF)
・Associate Professor, Graduate Program in Human Security, University of Tokyo (2017-)
・Member of UN Police Doctrinal Development Group, DPKO, UN (2016)
・Lead Trainer; Security Sector Focal Point; Head of a Regional Office; Project Manager; Mapping Officer; Human Rights Officer: UN Office of the High-Commissioner for Human Rights in Geneva and in Nepal (2006-2010)
・Research Officer, Human Rights Centre, University of Essex (2004-2005)
・Associate Protection Officer, UNHCR (2003)
・Community Outreach and Public Information Officer, Commission for Reception, Truth and Reconciliation in Timor-Leste (CAVR) (2001-2002)
・Human Rights Officer, UN Transitional Administration in East Timor (UNTAET) (1999-2001)
・Electoral Officer/Supervisor: UN Assistance Mission in East Timor (UNAMET) (1999); OSCE (1998)
・Ph.D in Law, University of Essex, Colchester, UK
・LLM in International Human Rights Law, University of Essex, Colchester, UK
・MA in Rural Development, University of Sussex, Brighton, UK
・BA in International Politics and Economics, Aoyama Gakuin University, Tokyo, Japan
- United Nations Police
- Academic Council on the United Nations System (ACUNS)
- Academic Council on the United Nations System (ACUNS) Japan Liaison Office
- Global Peacebuilding Association of Japan (GPAJ)
- Japan Association for United Nations Studies (JAUNS)
- The Japan Association for Human Security Studies (JAHSS)
- Human Security Forum (HSF)
Research activities, treatise
- Kihara-Hunt, Ai (2017). Holding UNPOL to Account: Individual Criminal Accountability of United Nations Police Personnel. Leiden: Brill
- Kihara-Hunt, Ai (2016). Why does the immunity afforded to UN personnel not appropriately reflect the needs of the Organization?: the case of the UN police. United Nations Studies, vol.17.
- Kihara-Hunt, Ai (2014). UN Peace Operations: from National Security to Human Rights and Human Security. In Saul Takahashi ed. Human Rights, Human Security, and State Security. Westport: Praeger.
- Armed Police Force (2009). Armed Police Force Human Rights Handbook. Kathmandu: APF Nepal and UN-OHCHR.
- Hampson, Françoise and Kihara-Hunt, Ai. The Accountability of Personnel Associated with Peacekeeping Operations. In Chiyuki Aoi, Cedric de Coning and Ramesh Thakur eds. Unintended Consequences of Peacekeeping Operations. Tokyo: UNU Press.
- Kihara-Hunt, Ai (2005). Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights. Tokyo: Aoyama Gakuin University Human Rights Educational Committee.
- Kihara-Hunt, Ai and Tsugeyama, Takashi (2004). The Right to Resort to External Self-Determination Outside of the Colonial Context. In Aoyama Journal of International Politics, Economics and Business, vol.64.