Director at at the Research Center for Sustainable Peace／Associate Professor, Human Security Program (HSP), University of Tokyo
・Associate Professor, Graduate Program in Human Security (GSP), University of Tokyo
・Director, Global Research Center for Sustainable Peace, University of Tokyo
・Secretary, Academic Council on the United Nations System (ACUNS)
・Director, Global Peacebuilding Association of Japan (GPAJ)
・Editor, Global Governance Journal
・Section Editor, Geografia - Malaysian Journal of Society and Space
・Principal Researcher, Cooperation between the UN and AU on Sexual Exploitation and Abuse in Peace Operations project, Humanities Center, the University of Tokyo
・Project Member, Japan Association for United Nations Studies (JAUNS)
・Director, The Japan Association for Human Security Studies (JAHSS)
・Associate Professor, Graduate Program in Human Security, University of Tokyo (2017- )
・Member of UN Police Doctrinal Development Group, DPKO, UN (2016)
・Lead Trainer; Security Sector Focal Point; Head of a Regional Office; Project Manager; Mapping Officer; Human Rights Officer: UN Office of the High-Commissioner for Human Rights in Geneva and in Nepal (2006-2010)
・Research Officer, Human Rights Centre, University of Essex (2004-2005)
・Associate Protection Officer, UNHCR (2003)
・Community Outreach and Public Information Officer, Commission for Reception, Truth and Reconciliation in Timor-Leste (CAVR) (2001-2002)
・Human Rights Officer, UN Transitional Administration in East Timor (UNTAET) (1999-2001)
・Electoral Officer/Supervisor: UN Assistance Mission in East Timor (UNAMET) (1999); OSCE (1998)
・Ph.D in Law, University of Essex, Colchester, UK
・LLM in International Human Rights Law, University of Essex, Colchester, UK
・MA in Rural Development, University of Sussex, Brighton, UK
・BA in International Politics and Economics, Aoyama Gakuin University, Tokyo, Japan
- United Nations Police
- Academic Council on the United Nations System (ACUNS)
- Academic Council on the United Nations System (ACUNS) Japan Liaison Office
- Global Peacebuilding Association of Japan (GPAJ)
- Japan Association for United Nations Studies (JAUNS)
- The Japan Association for Human Security Studies (JAHSS)
- Global Governance Journal
- Geografia Journal
Research activities, treatise
- Principal Researcher for a project funded by Humanities Center, the University of Tokyo: Joint Research Project on Cooperation between the UN and AU on Sexual Exploitation and Abuse in Peace Operations. With Dr. Roisin Burke, Legal Consultant. October 2020 – September 2021. Humanities Center, the University of Tokyo
- Kihara-Hunt, Ai and Dos Santos, Julieta (2020). Leading People through a Fight to Freedom in Liquica District, Timor-Leste: the Story of Amadeo Dias Albino dos Santos. In Mark Dennis and Rima Abunasser eds. Voices of Freedom. Suny Publishing.
- Kihara-Hunt, Ai (2020). Security Sector as a Key in Post-Conflict Peacebuilding. In University of Tokyo School of Arts and Sciences ed. A Field Guide to Wisdom: Listening to different voices. Hakusuisha.
- Principal Researcher for a project funded by Humanities Center, the University of Tokyo: Joint Research Project on Prevention and Accountability of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse in United Nations Peace Operations. With Dr. Marsha Henry, Interim Director, Centre for Women, Peace and Security, London School of Economics and Political Science. October 2018 - September 2019.
- Kihara-Hunt, Ai (2019). Discrimination against Women in the Sphere of Marriage and Family Life. In Saul Takahashi ed. Civil and Political Rights in Japan - A Tribute to Sir Nigel Rodley. Routledge.
- Kihara-Hunt, Ai (2019) An Examination of the Force Used by Kidoutai (Riot Police) and Japan Coast Guard. In Saul Takahashi ed. Civil and Political Rights in Japan - A Tribute to Sir Nigel Rodley. Routledge.
- Kihara-Hunt, Ai (2018). Addressing Sexual Exploitation and Abuse. The Case of un Police – Recommendations. Journal of International Peacekeeping, vol.21, issue 1-2.
- Kihara-Hunt, Ai (2018). Analysis of Reasons behind Arming the UN Police. United Nations Studies, vol.19.
- Kihara-Hunt, Ai (2017). Holding UNPOL to Account: Individual Criminal Accountability of United Nations Police Personnel. Leiden: Brill
- Kihara-Hunt, Ai (2016). Why does the immunity afforded to UN personnel not appropriately reflect the needs of the Organization?: the case of the UN police. United Nations Studies, vol.17.
- Kihara-Hunt, Ai (2014). UN Peace Operations: from National Security to Human Rights and Human Security. In Saul Takahashi ed. Human Rights, Human Security, and State Security. Westport: Praeger.
- Armed Police Force (2009). Armed Police Force Human Rights Handbook. Kathmandu: APF Nepal and UN-OHCHR.
- Hampson, Françoise and Kihara-Hunt, Ai. The Accountability of Personnel Associated with Peacekeeping Operations. In Chiyuki Aoi, Cedric de Coning and Ramesh Thakur eds. Unintended Consequences of Peacekeeping Operations. Tokyo: UNU Press.
- Kihara-Hunt, Ai (2005). Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights. Tokyo: Aoyama Gakuin University Human Rights Educational Committee.
- Kihara-Hunt, Ai and Tsugeyama, Takashi (2004). The Right to Resort to External Self-Determination Outside of the Colonial Context. In Aoyama Journal of International Politics, Economics and Business, vol.64.